Eco-friendly Javanese Traditional Bungalows
Yabbiekayu Bungalows are hand built from old solid teak houses brought down from the mountains above Yogya and reassembled to suit the needs of a modern traveller including:
- Large and unique antique four poster double beds
- Private outdoor living space
- Public deck or veranda
- Private outdoor bathroom with luxury bathtubs and showers
- Fully equipped Minibar and Snack bar
All bungalows are specifically designed to be:
- Culturally sensitive; traditional style buildings, local materials and labour, balancing privacy and connection to you and the village
- Environmentally friendly; made from 100% recycled and plantation timber and bamboo, low watt LED & solar powered lighting , natural water filtration and biocycle toilets, organic non toxic shampoos and soaps
- Thermally comfortable; including lots of natural ventilation, tropics specific insulation, fans and mosquito nets
- Suited to couples, families and small groups with Bungalow 4 better equipped to house small groups and families.
Built from 100% recycled materials, treated with natural oil finishes and using LED & solar powered lights throughout. The bungalows are designed to maximise views and breezes under a well insulated roof to ensure your comfort.